Allocation of Funds:
The total annual cost to mentor a Futures' student is $360.
Your mentorship contribution goes towards your mentored student receiving a backpack, school supplies, or comparable educationally focused products. It also provides program support to the student and his or her family and allows our Regional Coordinators to make school visits, train community volunteers, coordinate student/parent workshops and meetings, and travel to the remote locations that Futures serves.
Mentorship Support helps ensure:
• Coordination of an extensive Update (Verification) Process to provide mentors with current information about their
• Extensive weekly travel for the Regional Coordinator to Futures Friendship sites in New Mexico and Arizona.
• Regional Coordinator home visits with students and families that nurture relationships between students and mentors when necessary.
• Regional Coordinator and Mentor Assistant support and follow up via phone, email, and regular mail regarding any mentor questions or concerns.
• Periodic Futures-initiated follow up with current mentors and students to gain awareness of the status of mentorships.
• Periodic Regional Coordinator community and school meetings with students, families, and community members to address questions and concerns about the Friendship/ Mentorship Program.
• Ongoing Regional Coordinator training and support to more than 120 Friendship Volunteers in school and community settings to maximize access and benefits to Friendship students.
• Periodic Regional Coordinator meetings with various community leaders, principals, teachers, and other school officials to promote positive community awareness and maximize access to the Friendship program.